Tuesday, September 8, 2009

WOW - My Last Post Really Pissed People Off

Since my last post, I received two comments concerning the flame war I apparently started in the jewelers group, Ganoksin, both were nasty and both were anonymous. So, I've been busy making jewelry and trying out new techniques; and I admit, no really keeping up with my blog (no good), so whin I read those comments, I felt I had to answer them here -- again. I'm sorry for all of you who thought this issue was already put to bed; I thought it was too. But, I can't let these type of comments go unanswered. After this, I promise, I'm done with this issue. As I said below, after this; I'll deal with these type of comments by ignoring them -- especially since they didn't even have the courage to sign their names! So, below is my final answer (truncated from my final answer on Ganoksin/Orchid.) You are hereby warned and can continue reading or not; whatever you decided. Thank you for being here reading my blog!

I have to disagree with their comments. I was not the one spreading the vitriol. I received many emails supporting me and one that really summed up the entire incident. No One took the time to really listen to (or read) what I was saying. They immediately went up in arms to support the school; without listening to what I was asking for. They assumed I was the one out of line and their comments really hurt. They also assumed that I was the one who didn't want to work hard. All of this was made up out of thin air.
So, my last posting was to try to make everyone who made fun of me to try to understand what my life was about. What it was to be me and to live with my illness day in and day out. What it was like to go immediately from being a very active person one day to the next day become as someone who has to live with immense pain and fatigue (like you have the flu that never goes away!) ALL THE TIME.
I am not trying to be a victim; but try to put yourself in my shoes and feel what it would be like to have yourself taken out of a class and told to leave and never come back because of your disability. I can already tell from your comments you do not have any disabilities - so you don't know what that feels like.
And, yes, to me, jewelry was to be my escape from my pain and to bring me joy. And, even without comments from people like you -- it will continue to do so. Why -- because I have learned that ignorance can only be dealt with in one of two ways. The first was is to try to explain and educate. Well, in this case; it didn't work. So, I go the second way, which is to ignore. So, with that; I now go back to my commissions and ignore comments from people like you!
I especially like that you do not even have the courage to include your names to your postings! At least I had the courage to include my name to my opinions and stand by my opinions. You two on the other have would rather take the cowards way out and post anonymously! Big risk takers! You don't want your opinions to show up on Google, do you? That is that lowest of the low; to try to take someone down; but to do it anonymously. Real big of you! Well, goodbye; because I don't care what someone like you thinks -- your minds are closed and you are wasting my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment