Friday, September 11, 2009

A new Day

Since I've been waiting for such a long time for my new camera equipment, I finally called Cloud Dome to find out what happened to my order - they don't know! I have a lot of new jewelry that I want to take pictures of, plus retake all the pictures on my web site, so this is very frustrating! Just another setback.

Well, one good piece of news, no more anonymous postings - I really hate that! If you are going to post, let me know who you are please.

Well, I'm slowly getting better from the pneumonia that turned into an abscessed lung. This all happened in early February. I was hospitalized for 5 days - it was supposed to be for 2 weeks; but I couldn't take 2 weeks in the hospital. So, as soon as I could, I started walking the hallways; I was determined to get out as soon as possible. It worked; my doctor could see some improvement after 4 days of a ton of IV antibiotics and my walking. So, I was sent home with a ton of antibiotics and told to get as much rest as I could at home, but keep walking and as soon as I could get a personal trainer (which, of course, insurance would not pay for!) to start improving my lung capacity. But, not to expect any miracles -- it would take at least a year to recover, and by the way, part of my lung died.

So, now its September, I need to make an appointment with him and for another CAT scan. By now, with all my X-rays and CAT scans, I should be glowing in the dark!

But, I am getting better, I can now drive some. That is a major step for me; and my daughters are very happy about that. They were my chauffeurs from about April (which is how long it took for me to get the energy to actually get out of bed and go somewhere, even if only for an hour) and the start of September! Which was actually good timing. One daughter stayed at home and is going to community college (which is great for me, because I can't drive all day or very far) and the other has gone to UC Merced, which is not very far (2 1/2 hours drive time away) and since it is the newest UC -- this is its fifth year, all the class sizes are small and all the classes are taught by full professors (PhDs) and since she is majoring in Chemistry; she will have the opportunity to work with a professor on research starting in her junior year! WOW, I don't know of any university that gives you that type of opportunity. And all the science labs are brand new -- I (since I trained as an Electrical Engineer as did my husband) were just in awe in the labs.

It almost made me want to go back to school; but unfortunately they don't have any post graduate programs yet; which is why undergrads get to do research. Even with the budget cuts, which translated into increased college tuition; she's getting a private school education right now with UC tuition. That can't get any better -- well it can; in the fifties and sixties, all colleges in California were free (tuition only). You still had to pay room and board.

Oh well, I better stop and call Cloud Dome again and find out what happened with my order! Until next time, everyone have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment